Friday, January 14, 2011

Jan. 13, 2011 - Traveling Mercies

I heard a local pastor last Sunday on TV while I was getting ready to go to my own church. He talked about that as a young pastor, he didn't understand the prayer request for "traveling mercies" from some of his congregation and asked them to explain what that meant...which was safety while traveling. He also stated that while we are on our life's journey, "traveling mercies" is exactly what we need to be praying for and experiencing. Today as we traveled from Waco to Oklahoma and back again to attend a funeral, I prayed for safety or "traveling mercies" and was thankful to arrive back home around midnight "safe and sound"... thankful to our Father and thankful to so many that prayed for us. I also want to be aware of those "traveling mercies" God gives us along our life's journey too, which is why I'm doing this Thankful blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment