Friday, January 21, 2011

Jan. 21, 2011 - Daily Light

Many of you know I LOVE a little book of scriptures compiled by Anne Graham Lotz called The Daily Light. It is just scripture - no commentary - thematically put together. Today's AM (it has AM and PM) was incredible and I could say it no better. I'm going to put it just as it is printed. I am grateful for this copy of His Word and it ministers me daily! (OOPS This was actually 22nd printing for those looking for it.
)
"For this is God, our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death. O Lord, You are my God. I will exalt You. I will praise Your name, for You have done wonderful things. Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. Lord, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; do not forsake the works of Your hands."

(my comment - don't forsake works of Your hands - ME! and oh how grateful I am for His guidance and comfort and restoration of my soul! )

No comments:

Post a Comment