Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Jan. 5, 2011 - Empty Parking Spot

Today I had a noon meeting at a popular eating place. Of course arriving right at noon, I found the parking lot was totally full. I pulled in the last row thinking surely there would be a spot, but they are all full. I just wondering where I would park and how late I was going to be to the meeting from walking a block away, when I saw BACKUP lights! Of course I backed up (no one behind me thankfully!) and let them come out and in I went - in the only parking spot in the lot! I WAS grateful! It reminded of a lady in our church - Ann - who told me she was always grateful for "gaps in the traffic". She is "older" and getting on the interstate can be stressful...she said God always gave her gaps in the traffic so she could safely get on the highway - not just once but over and over! She said she was always thanking the Lord for them. So out of many things that happened today, I'm grateful for that empty parking spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment