Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jan. 15, 2011 - Kind Pat

When you are 20, you think you know everything...at least I did. Married at 19 (almost 20), Mike and I thought we were so mature! When he got that first church as pastor which makes me a pastor's wife...I knew I was in trouble! Into my life comes "Aunt Pat"! Mike's aunt actually, but a lifeline for me. She was and is one of those women that is wise and always seems to know exactly what to say in any given situation. Early in our marriage, I began to call her for advise...and I've been calling her ever since. Since she also is a Pastor's wife, she totally understood all that means - both good and bad. She had navigated the waters before me. She has a motto for her life that anyone who knows her long will hear her say - "It is always in order to be kind." What she said to me was "What would be the kind thing to do?" as I struggled with how to respond. When hurt, of course figuring out the kind thing to do was NOT on my radar...but she put it there. I was at a meeting today with her and she seems timeless to me...and oh so consistent in her faith and relationship with her Lord AND she still reaches out to me and women all over the land. Any woman in her grasp is blessed to be there! I am so truly grateful that she has loved me and mentored me and had patience with me - warts and all. Thanks Pat for just being you! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment