Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jan. 19, 2011 - Honduras Craft - Answered Prayer


Tuesday night I found out that at the Women's Conference I am doing in Honduras, we needed crafts for women. I'm not a very "crafty" person, so I prayed for HELP! In the form of cheap, crafts for 300 women that don't speak English. I was at a BSF luncheon and ask the ladies if any of them had any ideas. One immediately came up from several of the ladies. It seemed they knew of some missionaries in Uganda that taught their ladies to make necklaces from paper into paper beads. It ended up being something they could do to earn money and feed their families! The hostess had a necklace and they are beautiful. I showed to Tricia - who promptly googled it and found out how to make paper beads and Susan (going on the trip to Honduras) came by later and got in on the deal. By Thursday, Susan had already figured it out and made some beads! Talk about an answer to prayer - cheap - easy - and Susan already knows how to do it! I'm grateful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment