Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jan. 26, 2011 - Answered Prayer - Healing Hurts


Today in BSF, we were talking about shepherd's and something another lady learned from reading a book about shepherd's. She said that every night, the shepherd would run his hands over the lamb's head - looking for any briars or nicks or hurt places. If he found any, he would anoint it with oil to soothe and heal it. We are in Isaiah 40, by the way, where God is telling His people to be comforted. As the lady in my class shared, I became overwhelmed with the picture of our Lord lovingly guiding His hands over us to find our hurts, so that He can heal them. I have hurts. We all do. I sat there so emotional and just felt His love wash over me and my hurts. Immediately after leaving the class, I had an answered prayer related to a past hurts and saw His answer to something I had prayed for months. I'm grateful for His answer to my prayer...and I'm oh so grateful for His love and tender care of me.

FYI, another thing about sheep - when they fall over, they can't get up - the shepherd had to get them up...like a turtle on their back one lady said - whose mother had sheep for 30 years. Thank you Lord for getting me up when I fall over!

No comments:

Post a Comment